What is Electrostatic Powder Coating?
-Developed in parallel with the environmental awareness in the world, metals and powder coating material in a magnetic environment with different electric charge, as a result of this effect as a coating method based on the surface of the powder material has emerged as a magnet effect. Powder coated metal surface is baked with 180-200 degree high temperature to cure the paint and thus a painted surface becomes part of the metal is obtained.
Electrostatic powder paint, which is the only environmentally friendly product of our day, proves this with the result that 98% of the amount of paint used during application can be attached to the metal. During the spraying, it is transferred to the grounded part by loading very low 07 mA and very low direct current. Boyanavak goes to the surface of the grounded part by following the force paths in the form of hooks.
– Paint particles; the opposite poles attract each other and are pulled onto the part. However, since they are at the same pole among themselves, they provide homogeneous distribution by pushing each other. Thus, they reduce the possibility of dripping and dripping to an almost non-existent level. Polymer powders are dissected on the parts to be coated electrostatically after melting the coating resulting from the coating is called powder coating. Electrostatic powder coating is a solvent free surface coating method. The coating material is very fine powder coating particles that form the topcoat layer. Powder paint is sprayed in the paint booth by means of special spray guns.
– While passing through the gun, electrostatic charged powder paint particles adhere to the material to be painted in the cabinet and coating process is realized. In order for the powder coating to adhere to the surface of the material, the material must be well grounded. Excess discarded paint is collected and reused by the paint recovery system in the cabinet. The paint recovery system is one of the biggest economic advantages of electrostatic powder coating technology. After the material is covered with powder paint, it enters the cooking oven. Oven temperature of 200ºC allows melting of powder paint and sticking on the material. The result is a very durable, economical, environmentally friendly, wide color range and glossy surface finish.
Solvent-free, surface quality, durability, paint recovery system, economy and environmental sensitivity make electrostatic powder coating a more attractive alternative to conventional painting processes. – The continuous development of powder coating technology applied on aluminum and steel parts in recent years has led to a significant breakthrough in the field of industrial surface coating. Powder coating technology, which easily meets many needs, has numerous advantages over conventional paints such as coating, appearance, quality, durability, economy and environmental protection.
2. Advantages of Powder Coating
– PERFECT COATING – Polymerization of the powder paint ensures adhesion of the paint to the material during the baking process. The resulting coating shows excellent resistance to abrasion, corrosion, chemical influences and impacts. – As a result of continuous research by powder paint manufacturers, important advantages such as color, brightness, texture, durability and ease of application have been gained.
– EASY TO MAINTENANCE – Powder coating systems are easy to maintain: During color change, the spray booth and guns are cleaned and wiped with compressed air.
– ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION – Powder paint, which is an environmentally friendly process, does not contain volatile petroleum sources (solvents). This not only protects the environment, but also protects worker health. The painter only needs to wear a dust mask.
-ECONOMICITY- Reasons for the economic operation of powder coating systems: – Excess paint is re-used. – Usually does not require pre-painting. – Used as obtained from the powder coating manufacturer. It does not require pre-mixing or preparation to use. – Does not require mixing air; all ambient air is passed through the filter and returned to the environment.
-A WINNING INVESTMENT When all these parameters are evaluated, powder coating is more advantageous than traditional painting systems. Reasons for amortizing the initial investment cost in a short time: – Increasing the productivity of large plants – Adapting to automation – Using less paint materials – Low maintenance costs – Elimination of the expenses arising from the use of solvent – Excellent coating quality – False and defective applications can be easily cleaned and re-painted without entering. According to these factors, electrostatic powder coating systems quickly meet the initial investment cost. Powder coating is an investment.